Monday, June 19, 2017

The Moment I Became a Writer....

The moment I decided to be a writer…

I don’t believe there ever was just one moment!

I’ve been creating stories since I was the oldest kid in the neighborhood, entertaining the younger ones with dancing ‘Swan Lake’ skits, even though I’d never seen the ballet. Tea parties, where everyone had to wear their mother’s dress, shoes, and hats, unless they were boys. They had to wear their Sunday suits.

Talent shows, puppet shows, plays, safaris through a water-soaked field with puddles and hanging ferns…digging up an old buried porcelain sink in the field behind my house, that of course, was the marble floor of a buried castle….and leading fossil hunts up the dusty shale dumps, where the old coal from the mines was dumped years before (plenty of fossils pressed into the shale).

And then on to writing plays for Junior Girl Scouts so my younger sister could earn her “World Heritage Badge,” which eventually lead to writing plays for the children in my Pre-School to perform for Holiday parties and Graduations. 


And so it still continues. I see a sign and get a new title. I’m sitting in the dentist office getting my teeth cleaned and think….how would she clean my teeth if I was a dinosaur?

And so, I guess there was never “a dull moment,” but each creative one built upon the previous one, until I had years of writing stories. 


TWICE BETRAYED
And some of them just happened to become published books. J
RATGIRL: SONG OF THE VIPER
DADDY, CAN YOU SEE THE MOON?
ROCK STAR SANTA




#Challenge20 #Spork #ClearforkPublishing #DaddyCanYouSeetheMoon?


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete