Saturday, April 15, 2017

Saylor on the Seashore - Review

Saylor on the Seashore - Coming May 23, 2107
Saylor on the Seashore


Text copyright © 2017 by Tonya Calvert 

Artwork copyright © 2017 
by Alejandro Echavez

Published by Clear Fork Publishing 

ISBN - 978-1-946101-20-4


Interview and Review -  Saylor the Seagull.


 “Ahoy, Saylor!”

“Who me?”

“Yes, you, little seagull.”

“I’d like to tell your story to the world.”

“Well, Tonya already did that.”

“Yes, but I’m going to review it for you  and share it with my readers. And here it is.”

Tonya Calvert has captured the essence of a child in Saylor. A curious seagull, as most children are, he befriends wise, Old Mr. Pelican, who is full of stories about the misadventures of Saylor's fellow seashore dwellers. 

Saylor listens attentively, and tries to remember the safety rules Old Mr. Pelican teaches. But when Saylor’s tummy tells him he’s hungry, Old Mr. Pelican’s words fly away, just like the seabirds on the Panhandle, where Saylor lives. 

He finds himself in a scary predicament. He learns the hard way that to be a happy seagull, first, he must stay safe. As a former Pre-K Director, I'd recommend this book to both parents and child care teachers as an introduction to following safety rules.

                                                                                     --Gayle C. Krause



“So, what do you think, Saylor?”

“I think lots of people would like to read my story and see how I learned my lesson.”

“I'm sure they will. And below is the link to buy your picture book. Thank you for stopping by The Storyteller's Scroll."







Purchase link:











No comments:

Post a Comment