Sunday, October 31, 2010


Happy Halloween!



Tonight, I'm happy to announce the winner of the “An Eyeball in My Garden” Halloween poetry contest.

Criteria was to be or become a follower and to create a poem that mentioned an "Eyeball."

And the winner is:
 A Zombie’s Dilemma
by Russ Moyer

Eyeball, eyeball.
Stoppin’ to say hi all.
Rollin’ down the highway
looking for my mate.

Sigh ball. Hi ball.
I found my master’s eyeball.
It’s hiding ‘neath a rose bush
inside the garden gate.

“Why ball, eyeball
do you hide from I ball?”
The master needs a matching pair
to see his ghoulish date.

Lie all. Fie all.
He stoops to find his eyeball
lying among roses,
hidden underneath.

Sigh all, eyeball
He really ought to try all
ways to keep his eyeball,
for now he’s lost his teeth.

Congratulations, Russ! Your complimentary rhyming picture book critique  from "First Peek Critique" is available at your convenience. 
Happy Halloween!









No comments:

Post a Comment